Welcome to the Oakton High School Athletic Boosters
The OHSAB (Boosters) Mission:
The Oakton High School Athletic Boosters (OHSAB or The Boosters) is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization composed of parents, administrators, coaches, and community members who have an interest in supporting and promoting the Oakton High School athletic program.
The Boosters focus shall be to:
- Fundraise to support the Oakton athletic program (All Teams)
- Promote school spirit throughout the high school and community at large
- Support our student athletes to achieve excellence in academics, athletics and sportsmanship.
- Provide a platform to assist all Oakton teams in ways they may not be able to do individually…“One Oakton”
The role of fundraising shall be to financially support facility maintenance, equipment, capital improvements and other items not covered by Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) funds that will enhance and expand the athletic programs and benefit the maximum number of students involved in athletic programs.
Donations are tax deductible!
Quick links to Important Information:
- Facts you may not know (insert anchor links)
- Our Vision
- Goals & Accomplishments
- I didn't know the Boosters did that
- How can you help
DID YOU KNOW that Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) only pays for officials, coaches’ stipends, security, and buses for athletic events. All the other needs and expenses of our teams need to be met by the Athletic Department and the teams themselves. This is where the Boosters (OSHAB) come in. OSHAB fund raises through various means (see below for more details) and provides that capital to the Athletic department to assist ALL the teams. We are “One Oakton”
The more successful the Boosters (OSHAB) are,
the more resources ALL our teams will have.
“A rising tide raises all boats”.
Facts you may not know:
- The Oakton Athletic Department supports 44 athletic teams, impacting approximately 1100+ students in any given year. In broad terms it’s about half of the student body.
- The funds received from FCPS ONLY cover stipends for the coaches, transportation, game officials and basic facilities.
- The new activity fee goes directly to FCPS and not to Oakton HS
- Team uniforms, equipment and capital improvements to OHS facilities must come from other sources and the Booster Club helps to take on this responsibility. ALL the teams (small and large) benefit from the Boosters.
Ready to help? click here
We are Oakton, “One Oakton”. We are a community of proud parents, teachers, coaches, alumni and fans committed to our school, our athletic programs, our facilities and our community as a whole.
We, Oakton, have had success, academically and athletically (Wining the Wells Fargo Cup 3x in 5 years). More importantly we have provided the next generation, our student-athletes, with some great experiences. Most won’t go pro, or play at the next level, but every student-athlete WILL take away memories of their experience and hard work at Oakton. It’s our job to help provide the resource to allow all our student-athlete to work hard and make the experience as good as it can be, so when they are our age, their Cougar friendships and memories are great ones, and they will give back for the future generations.
The Boosters vision is to provide a platform for all of Oakton’s Teams to successfully join together to conduct campaigns to fundraise and promote our school, athletic department, teams, student-athletes and community and provide the best resources possible.
THIS IS WHY WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
This is why we need you Involved!
The MORE we can do TOGETHER, The MORE we can Accomplish on a LARGE scale.
GOALS…AMBITIOUS GOALS…FOR THE COUGARS OF TODAY AND FUTURE COUGARS…”ONE OAKTON”!
Accomplishments & Goals:
- The Booster Club plays a crucial role in providing for capital improvements for our athletic complex that benefits all teams.
- The Boosters played a key role in the installation of the new stadium scoreboard as well as Oakton getting 3 high-tech, synthetic turf fields (1 for the stadium and 2 additional fields). To meet the financial demands and allow the 3rd field the boosters worked to secure a loan of over 200K which has since been paid off to allow OHS to get the 3rd field.
- We have ambitious goals!
With the OHS renovation right around the corner, now is the time. To take advantage the Boosters in partnership with the Oakton Athletic Department is working on a new Capital Improvement plan. There are a number of suggested items, some of which include
- A new heated outdoor concession stand and rest room facility – Eliminating the port-a-potties and the funds required to maintain them.
- Additional safety nets at both ends of field 2 – providing additional protection for spectators and passers by.
- A small outdoor locker room and storage facility - Freeing up space in the school and providing our teams and visitors more space.
- Lights for the tennis courts - allowing more scheduling flexibility and use of the courts
- Turf for the softball and baseball fields - increasing utilization and reducing maintenance costs. Also with the site work taking place with the renovation, we may be able to save money if this can be performed and coordinated with the site work for the renovation.
- These improvements will not only help OHS but also the community as a whole who make such heavy use of OHS facilities.
Congratulations if you read this far! It’s a lot right?
The Booster organize and manage the following:
- Booster Membership Drive
- Sponsorship Campaign for Fundraising
- Produce the Fall Sports Program and Ad Campaign
- Cougar Store
- Cougar Canteen
- Concessions at all home game
- Spring Golf Tournament
- Cougar Pride Wall and Walk (more details coming)
- Capital Campaign fundraising (more details coming)
How can you help?
- Become a Booster Club Member:
- Become a Booster Sponsor
- Buy an Ad or shout out in the Fall Sports Program
- Buy Cougar swag and gear in the Cougar Store
- Play in or Sponsor the Booster Golf Tournament (in the Spring - April/May timeframe)
- Make a simple donation
- Buy a brick for the Cougar Pride Wall / Walk (details coming soon)
- Contribute to our Capital Fund (details coming soon)
Donations are tax deductible!
Click on one of the above links for more information and details
(will link to the appropriate detail page)
- Help sell sponsorships
- Help fulfill sponsorship sales
- Assist with Booster pass distribution at key events
- Help sell Fall Sports Program Ads
- Help with the production of the Fall Sports Program
- Help at the concession stand. Grill Kings welcome!
- Help with the Cougar Store
- Recruit golfers for the Golf Tournament
- Help with graphic design and ad development
- Help with communications / member recruitment
- Want to help but not sure how – just contact us
We can always use more help!
Please email Jane O'Donnell firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer with any aspect of Boosters or any other member of the Booster Board.
Want to learn more? Attend a Booster meeting
All are welcome to attend our Booster Meetings throughout the year. You do not have to be a Team Rep to attend. Meetings are generally held the second Tuesday of each month in Room 174 next to the Activities Office.
The dates for 2017-2018 will be announced soon.
Oakton Cougar Store
IT IS EASY TO ORDER ON-LINE! To shop at the Cougar Store, click on the Booster Menu at the top of this page and scroll down to Cougar Store.
The Cougar Store has great clothing for OHS students and parents! Sweatshirts, Sweatpants, tee-shirts, hats & beanies, scarves, Blankets, Stadium Seats and More.
Check out our new items, Work-out items and T-Shirts for only $10
Team Spirit Stickers for your Car…Only $5